We’re in the thick of summer!
And that means it’s prime time for festivals throughout the five boroughs!
One of the most popular festivals is happening as you read this sentence.
If you’re not familiar with this amazing annual festival, keep reading! We’ve got all the details below!
What Is The SummerStage Festival?
Now in its 36th year, the SummerStage Festival presents a wide-ranging selection of live music performances in 12 community parks across NYC, including Central Park.
This year’s full season (after the postponed and truncated seasons of the past two years), features over 90 performances. Many of these concerts are free, while others are benefit performances that require purchased tickets. However, the proceeds from these benefit shows support over 100 free events across parks in all five boroughs,
What’s the SummerStage 2022 Lineup?
SummerStage returns in style this year with concerts and performances from acts across a variety of musical genres.
You’ll enjoy live performances from established and emerging artists in the rock, pop, hip-hop, jazz, world music, indie, soul, Afrobeat, electronica, and salsa categories. Plus, there’ll be contributions from artists and groups in the modern dance, spoken word and family entertainment communities, too!
While the 2022 season of SummerStage kicked off in June, the great events continue throughout August all the way until the end of September.
Some of the great acts you can enjoy this month and next include:
- Fitz & The Tantrums
- The Budos Band
- Jessie Lee Daniels
- CeeLo Green
- The Decemberists
- Sharen Van Etten
- Angel Olsen
- Animal Collective
- Burning Spear
- Rainbow Kitten Surprise
- Skip Marley
Plus, there are many other great emerging and local artists and groups performing throughout the festival or lending support to these headliners.
If you’ve never attended a SummerStage performance, you may have some questions about what to expect. Or, if you’ve been to fest shows in the past, you may need a refresher.
Here is some of the important information you’ll need to know before you go:
- Seating for Free Shows is available on a first come/first served basis
- Ticketed Shows are available for purchase online at AXS, by phone at (888) 929-7849, or at the venue box office on the event date.
- There are no age restrictions for the Free SummerStage shows. However, ticketed performances may have age restrictions in place.
- Currently, attendees are not required to show proof of COVID-19 Vaccination at the event. Since this may change based on statistics, it’s best to confirm if this practice is in effect on the day of the show.
- At this time, masks are not required – but they are encouraged.
- Attendees can bring food, sealed plastic bottles, baby strollers, and everyday essentials such as phones, keys, hats, sunglasses, wallets and purses.
- Central Park does have concession stands for food and drink purchases. Other parks venues may have an array of rotating food vendors throughout the season.
- Smoking is not permitted at any venue.
- All events are rain or shine – unless the weather poses a severe threat to public safety.
Apartments Near Great Live Music Venues
As you can see, this year’s SumerStage Fest is going to be a blast!
NYC loves music – especially the borough of Brooklyn!
If you enjoy attending live music events and performances, then you’ll want to call 363 Bond Street home. We’re conveniently located near some of the area’s best live music venues such as the Bell House, the Knitting Factory and Pete’s Candy Store. Plus, you can easily commute to big venues like MSG and the Barclay Center.
Ready to immerse yourself in the rich NYC music scene?
Then contact us today to learn more about our available apartments in Brooklyn’s popular Gowanus neighborhood!